25 January 2013

Clouds on break -- happy coincidence

I took my nose/eyes off the grindstone to do a quick social media check on Thursday afternoon and was rewarded with a glorious sunset shot posted by Debbi of knit.run,reap.eat on Facebook.


Those inspirational photos are not on her blog but the blog is worth a link and perhaps she's got a link to her Instagram or other photo link to her lovely images.  And, for my knitterly buds, she's doing a lot more knitting than I am these days.



My comment was that her shots inspired me to pick up my camera and look out the window.

I haven't seen a lot of amazing sunsets from my office but sometimes the pre-sunset sky surprises me.



I took these images roughly 4-5 minutes apart starting at 15:58 and ending at 16:23 before the sky finished its show and I went back to 100% immersion into the project.


I would feel guilty for taking these shots over a half hour or so but for the usual eyes on the prize day I was adhering to.

It was only much later (much) that I realised that clouds was one of the days' prompts.



Good thing I took the time took theses as Thursday was one of the worst of the long days this week.


Friday was another total bomb for photos with a single landscape shot that only looks good when compared to my usual parking structure panorama.


So I'm calling Friday a bust and wrapping the work week of photos with these cloud sequences.


Saturday and Sunday have great prompts that I already have "oh I know what I can shoot" ideas and the actual time to explore them.

Even with rain in the forecast, walkabout with camera is on the agenda.




With prompts like flame, from a high angle, along the way (great wildcard phrase), behind, red, yard, and starts with I, there will be photos.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbi said...

Sweet skycapes, and thanks for the shout-out! Today's prompt (yourself) was NOT one of my faves.

05:02  
Blogger walkaboutknitter said...

I should send you or publish/link my 365+ list and random list generator web pages.

01:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home